Chronic, Acute, Digestive, Immune, Cognitive, Musculoskeletal, Respiratory, Urinary
Overall Warming, Warming and Moving with Cinnamon, Warming and Consolidating with Food Grade Herbs
Small Intestine, Spleen, Lung, Bladder
PRACTITIONERS: Login to place an order and access the full website. Don't have an account?
Register for a free one.
PATIENTS: Find a practitioner who uses Classical Pearls products.
The design of Cinnamon Pearls is based on the classical remedies Guizhi Tang (Cinnamon Decoction) and Ling Gui Zhu Gan Tang (Poria, Cinnamon Twig, Atractylodis Macrocephalae and Licorice Decoction), the first of which is the “leader of all formulas” in Zhang Zhongjing’s 2nd century herb primer, Treatise on Disorders Caused by Cold (Shanghan lun). Together, they reflect the versatile “Guizhi Fa” (cinnamon method) approach of the Fire Spirit School of Chinese herbalism, and represent a base treatment for all types of chronic disorders involving congestion in the surface layers of the body, as well as decreased movement function in the Spleen, Lung, Heart, Liver, Small Intestine and Bladder networks. Cinnamon Pearls can therefore be considered a standard way to improve immunity by benefiting microcirculation in vital tissues and preventing fluid congestion and phlegm build-up. At the same time, this remedy is designed to control autoimmune reactions. The added herbs specifically underscore the strong anti-allergenic affect of cinnamon, and furthermore seek to enhance cognitive function by improving gut chemistry. Snake gourd and shepherd’s purse have long been forgotten by Chinese herbalists, but were once common food items associated with the power of the 4th lunar month and balanced Spleen function. They exhibit the unique benefit of cooling an acutely overheated Spleen in autoimmune conditions while not damaging the patient’s overall yang deficient constitution. Cinnamon Pearls is thus a prime remedy for a broad variety of chronic disorders involving a combination of low immunity and allergies. It is especially suitable for the treatment of food allergies and related cognitive dysfunction.
- Benefit the taiyin (Spleen/Lung) and taiyang (Small Intestine/Bladder) organ networks by gently stimulating post-natal and pre-natal qi transformation: invigorate the “transformation and transportation” function of the middle burner (Spleen), heal mucous membranes and resolve lymphatic congestion (Lung), increase skin-level surface circulation (Bladder), and boost overall integrity of the intestinal wall (Small Intestine)
- Harmonize ying and wei in taiyin (“tuberculinic”) constitutional types (who tend to suffer from frequent respiratory infections and/or food allergies)
- Warm the center, move Spleen qi and transform cold damp with cinnamon (embodying the “Guizhi Fa” treatment principle of the Fire Spirit School of Chinese herbalism, especially suitable for individuals with damp/phlegm constitutions who do not respond well to ginseng and other tonic/stagnating herbs)
- Dispel chronic wind and guard against wind invasion
- Restore the up/down dynamics of the middle burner, eliminate food stagnation, and relieve digestive discomfort.
- Transform chronic or residual damp, phlegm, and/or stagnating water in overall yang deficient constitutions
- Cool and contain potential over-reactions by a deficient and over-challenged spleen, containing and preventing auto-immune processes
|CHINESE||PINYIN||COMMON NAME; PAOZHI (PROCESSING)||BASE FORMULA AND/OR ACTIONS|
|桂枝 (尖)||Guizhi||Cinnamon twig|| |
|白芍 (清炒)||Baishao||Peony, white; dry fried|
|炮姜 (砂燙)||Paojiang||Ginger; sand roasted|
|甘草 (棗花蜜炙)||Zhi Gancao||Licorice; jujube flower honey baked|
|茯神||Fushen||Poria Fushen|| |
Fuling Guizhi Baizhu Gancao Tang (Ling Gui Zhu Gan Tang)
|白朮 (土炒)||Baizhu||Atractylodes, white; clay fried|
|王瓜||Wanggua||Snake gourd|| |
prevent Earth from affecting Water, cool over-reaction of taiyin and shaoyin networks, control auto-immune processes
|(南) 五味子 (酒蒸)||Wuweizi||Schisandra; wine steamed|
|石菖蒲 (米泔水制)||Shichangpu||Acorus; rice soup cured||dry Spleen/Lung dampness, open Heart orifice|
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.